The warming of the Midwest may lead one to ponder a chop. Some of the hottest looks in the coming seasons are the off-the-shoulder bob, the bixie, and also the classic pixie cut.
The spring and fall fashion runways of New York, Milan, and many more, heavily featured the off-the-shoulder bob. This look was very crisp, blunt, and clean in the majority of its appearances on the models, often sleek with a side center part. This is a highly adaptable haircut for any style of fashion. Celebrities who have worn this cool French girl vibe are Debbie Harry, Jennifer Lawrence, and Margot Robbie. This look can be worn sleek or with subtle waves for an undone feel.
The bixie, a throwback haircut to the 1990s, has also begun to resurface in street style blogs on the fashion scene. This versatile, transient look has taken the classic bob and made an attempt toward a pixie. There is a lot of texture and layers to create a wearable, yet sexy look. When asking for this look from a stylist, bring inspiration pictures and ideas. Some famous actresses who sported this look were Drew Barrymore, Meg Ryan, and Winona Ryder. This look can be worn many ways, including the ever classic “ear tuck.”
And last, but by far not the least, is the pixie cut. This classic style has stood the test of time. As women were once advised to not cut their hair, the look has been worn by some of the fiercest and sexiest women of all time. This look can be modified to suit the individual, but mostly it has an edgy feel. Celebrities that have worn this haircut are Linda Evangelista, Charlize Theron, and Jennifer Lawrence.
After pondering the chop, here are some helpful insights when approaching a stylist about creating one of these looks:
1. Ask about their experience cutting short hair. Not all stylists are comfortable creating these looks.
2. Consider your face shape and discuss with your stylist what look will be best for yours.
3. Bring inspiration pictures, knowing fully that your hair may differ from the looks but can give the stylist insight on your desired end result.
4. Be aware of the maintenance of a shorter shape and how that will impact the look.
5. Ask about products needed to create these looks.
6. Consider your daily fashion when determining how aggressive to go with the look.
7. Feel through your hair to determine the density. This may require more weight removal throughout the haircut to achieve a beautiful look.
8. Cowlicks and challenging hairlines must be taken into consideration prior to cutting.
Although these looks aren’t for everyone, it can be fun to try them at least once in a lifetime. After all, it is just hair, which will grow back. Be confident with style and rock the look chosen with swagger!
These tips are brought to you by Seven Salon.