By Shelly Asplin, MA, RD, LMNT
Registered dietitian/trained wellness coach, represents HyVee as a nutrition expert promoting healthy eating throughout
If you’re starting a diet the first week in January and are tempted to overeat the second week, you may agree the third
week in January, Healthy Weight Week, is the perfect time for a sustainable approach to achieving a healthy weight.
Occurring on the third week in January since 1982, Healthy Weight Week celebrates the nondiet approach to healthy
living. During this week we are encouraged to improve our health habits in lasting ways by eating well, fitting physical
activity into our day and feeling good about ourselves and others.
As a HyVee registered dietitian, I recommend a personalized meal and snack plan that allows for your favorite foods and
fits your budget. Eating well doesn’t have to be expensive; wise choices can extend your food dollar. As we mark Healthy
Weight Week, we invite you to save your way to a slimmer you with some of our weightfriendly HyVee private label
1. Hy-Vee eggs are an economical, protein-packed addition to any meal or snack.
2. Hy-Vee string cheese is a portable, portion-controlled mid-afternoon choice to hold you
over until dinner.
3. Hy-Vee hummus can be enjoyed with raw veggies as dippers.
4. Hy-Vee Thick & Chunky Salsa is a low-calorie condiment for omelets, turkey burgers
5. Hy-Vee frozen fruits are just as nutritious as fresh; never run out of fruit when you
keep frozen fruits in your freezer.
6. Hy-Vee 100 Calorie Greek yogurt is a lower-carb version of fruity-flavored Greek
7. Hy-Vee salad blends offer you a time-saving shortcut to eating daily salads; simply
add lean protein and your favorite salad dressing.
8. Hy-Vee whole wheat pasta is made from whole grain wheat, offering you a good
source of satisfying whole grains.
9. Hy-Vee black or green tea bags make a calorie-free beverage that will warm you up on
a cold winter day.
10. *New* Hy-Vee All-Natural Peanut Butter is brand-new to store shelves, offering you a
natural peanut butter that’s a budget-friendly source of satisfying protein and healthy
This information is not intended as medical advice. For individual medical advice, please
contact a health care provider.